3 EASY HOMEMADE ACNE FACIAL MASKS!
BEAUTY | April 26, 2017
You all know how obsessed I am with face masks, and taking good care of my skin. I try to always find time to take care of my skin. It makes me feel special. I call it “ME TIME”. We only have one body, and we got to take care of, Right?
Skin care involves more than just cleaning and using lotion. It also involves having a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and exercise, and managing stress levels. Your unique skin type may also determine any additional treatments as well, such as using exfoliating scrubs or moisturizing masks.
Homemade acne face masks are excellent natural remedies for getting rid of acne breakouts and eliminating acne scars. These recipes include a variety of ingredients that help nourish your skin and eliminate acne-related problems.
Honey for Acne
Honey is highly beneficial for acne-prone skin because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Its anti-inflammatory nature also helps reduce redness and inflammation caused by acne and pimples. It is best to use raw, organic honey rather than processed honey as the latter may irritate your skin. It is said that Queen Cleopatra’s beauty routine included bathing in milk and honey in order to keep her skin gentle and soft.
How to use it:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 table spoon ground oats
- First grind the oats in a spice grinder or blender.
- Pour the ground oats into a bowl, then add in honey and lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply to your face, leaving the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes. The anti-inflammatory properties in oats and anti-bacterial properties in lemon help fight blackheads and acne, making it the perfect natural anti-acne mask.
Turmeric for Acne
Science shows turmeric can be helpful in acne treatment. Topically applied it can kill bacteria and reduce acne-causing inflammation. Taken internally it may reduce some of the risk factors behind acne.
How to use it:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- Mix the honey and turmeric together to get a thick paste.
- Use this as a spot treatment or all over your face (increase quantities accordingly).
- Apply the paste on the pimple affected area.
- Leave it on for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Aloe Vera for Acne
Surprising Facts: Did you know that Aloe Vera has been called “miracle plant,” “wand of heaven” and “plant of life”. Aloe contains saponin, a compound with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. That could be great for acne! AV seems to make acne scars and marks heal faster than they normally would. While this is not a complete solution to getting rid of acne, it is an awesome treatment to help heal acne scars.
How to use it:
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from the center of an aloe vera leaf.
- To this, add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Apply this on the acne affected area and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using regular water.
- Never go to bed while wearing makeup. Clean it with wipes or just wash your face with water.
- Toner can dry out skin if used too often.
- Use caution when using any product containing acids or peroxides such as acne creams and fade creams. These increase the skins’ sensitivity to sun and may cause redness and peeling.
- Over-washing skin can make it red and sore. It can also damage the skin.
leave me comments if you have any questions, or if you have try another acne masks that works for you.
Did you like the tips?