Glowing & brightening: turmeric + lemon diy face mask
If you want bright, glowing skin, then this is the mask for you. With only four ingredients, it’s easy to exfoliate and prepare your skin for summer.
I have combination to oily skin most of the time, but during summer my skin gets oilier, because of that I like to try various face masks.
My favorite one is this brighting mask:
Here how you can make it:
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons oatmeal
- Use a gentle facial cleanser to remove all traces of makeup.
- Gently wash your face with warm water to open up pores and allow the nutrients to sink in. Pat your face dry before using this mask.
- Mix the above ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Using clean fingertips, slather a thin amount of the turmeric face mask onto your face. Sit for five to 10 minutes or until the face mask dries up completely.
- Rinse off with cool water.
Lemon Juice may aid in the lightening of dark spots left by acne scars, aging, and hyperpigmentation. It has antibacterial properties and helps to speed up the healing of existing acne as well as prevent future breakouts. It helps to remove blackheads and reduces skin oiliness. It also helps to remove dead skin cells resulting in brighter, smoother, glowing skin.
Raw Honey draws moisture to the skin and helps to retain it. It also has antibacterial properties and helps to heal the skin.
- It’s high in antioxidants that slow down cell damage.
- It’s widely used as a skin exfoliant and improves skin’s texture.
- It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, psoriasis & eczema.
- It helps reduce pigmentation and even out the skin tone.
- It is also said to diminish wrinkles.
Oatmeal: Oats are known for their skin lightening effects as well as improving the skin tone and texture and smoothing out blotchy areas, also Oats contain natural cleansers called saponins that can remove dirt and oil from the pores without causing irritation. It leaves behind soft and silky skin and reduces pore size.
It is important to remember that the masks are just a complement to help make our skin to glow and look beautiful, but it is more important to take care of it daily by applying sunscreen, moisturizing with creams, cleansing and using specific toners according to your skin’s needs.
Did you like the tips, sweeties?!