Sunday Healthy Vegan Pancakes
FOOD | LIFESTYLE | December 05, 2017
When I think of Sunday, I think of Homemade pancakes, fresh roses and candles. I believe in self-love, and I try to practice it as much as I can. I consider making pancakes on Sunday morning part of self-love hhhh…
Here is the recipes to make one of the most healthiest pancakes you will ever try lol… I am serious they’re healthy and only require a few simple ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already.
Sweet cornbread pancakes made with just 7 ingredients! Fluffy, tender, and topped with a simple cranberry-orange compote! The perfect fall/winter breakfast.
- 2/3 cup (90 g) fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (30 g) oat flour (or whole-wheat pastry flour if not GF)
- 1 Tbsp pure honey (sub stevia or maple syrup* to taste)
- 1 Tbsp (3 g) baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 scant cup (230 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) melted vegan butter
- 8 ounces (227 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice (or 1/4 cup water + 1 Tbsp orange zest)
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) maple syrup, plus more for serving
- Add cornmeal, oat flour, baking powder and sea salt to a medium to large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure out all the liquids and combine them.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until moistened.
Allow the batter to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. I found this makes for lighter and fluffier pancakes.
- In the meantime make the cranberry compote. Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens (5 to 8 minutes).
- Preheat your griddle or cast iron skillet over medium/medium-low heat. You want it warm but not screaming hot. Oil should not smoke when added to the pan.
- Drizzle the surface with oil or vegan butter Cook pancakes until there are bubbles on the surface and the edges are just cooked, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Top with cranberry-orange compote (optional) a drizzle of honey.
Voila. enjoy it .
let me know how good these pancakes taste if you do make them !
Share the love